Tips for Success
- Wear clothes that don’t matter to you, (not clothes that your grandma gave you that you hate) old or ripped ones will do, you don’t need to buy a new set of painting clothes. No matter how hard you try you will get paint/primer on them.
- Put down old sheets/blankets all over the ground where you will be painting. These will prevent any drops of paint getting on your carpet.
- If you didn’t take out your furniture make sure you cover them with plastic or cloths to protect them from paint.
- You will be using a paint brush as well as a paint roller, have plastic bags laying around to put the paint brush/roller in so they don’t dry out and crust.
- If this is your first time painting on your own watch various painting tutorials, you will learn a variety of techniques
- Start in your closet so you can get the hang of some of these techniques and figure out what you like the best.
- If you didn’t cut the walls (covering ceiling and framing with tape) make sure you have cloths and little buckets of water to clean mistakes.
- One of the painting techniques I learned from a painting tutorial
As I mentioned earlier you will need a bucket of water and a cloth to clean up messes. I grazed the edge of my closet frame and if I wipe it up right away it comes off no problem. This is the technique I used for cutting because we didn’t tape the walls. You need to go really slow and be careful of the edges.
This is the first layer of paint, as you can see there is a lot of blue peering through. We started painting at 7:00pm to 11:40pm, it was a very long and tiring process. My mom and I started the first two hours and my sister Raychel came and helped us the last three.