So now that my room is all painted up and my furniture is all in order you could say I’m finished. There are still lots I would like to accomplish, but I probably won’t post about them though! I would like to put more pictures or small paintings on my walls so they don’t look so bare. Also I’m not sure if you have noticed that section in my room that is raised, but I would like to put some pillows down and recover the foam that was there.
Now redoing my room was quite fun, but what was the purpose of it all, more importantly how do my actions glorify God? There are ten biblical through lines that Calvin Christian Schools uses to better our understanding of how are relationship with God should look like.
Biblical Through Lines:
– Beauty Creating
– Order Discovering
– Justice Seekers
– Image Reflectors
– Servant Workers
– Commuinty Builders
– Creation Enjoying
The throughline I focused on my Beauty Creating:
The Four Guidelines of Beauty Creating
1. God is the number one creator and when we create things, we are showing that we were made in his image.
– Genesis 1:27 “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”
2. We praise God by creating beauty.
– We glorify God by using the talents he gives us, we wants us to use the beautiful brain he has gave you.
– By creating different objects (repainting walls) you are praising God.
3. Using our creativity is fun and makes God smile.
God wants us to have fun and enjoys seeing us have fun (not always your definition of fun)
– Ecclesiastes 2:24 “There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God.”
– I had lots of fun with my family and friends redoing my room, hours and hours of painting were filled with playful and very sarcastic humour.
4. We are asked to be innovative
– Innovative (of a person) introducing new ideas; original and creative in thinking.
– Be creative! Be inspired by your own mind! Make beautiful creations that people might find odd, God did make Narwhales